Meet at the Braga Barn33750 Moranda Rd
Soledad, CA 93960
Thank you for your interest, but registration is closed. We hope to see you at another field day soon!
Join Braga Fresh, California Marine Sanctuary Foundation (CMSF), and Wild Farm Alliance (WFA) for a field day showcasing practices that support natural enemy insects and beneficial birds for pest control.
7:30 am - 8:15 am – Registration with Snacks & Coffee
8:15 am – Start Time
The morning will feature presentations from researchers and professionals, followed by a field tour and demonstration. The day will close with a grower panel and lunch.
- Dr. Danny Karp, UC Davis, will discuss co-managing farms to support natural enemy insects, bird conservation, crop production, and food-safety outcomes.
- Pam Krone, CMSF, will cover vegetated vs. un-vegetated ditches and their effect on rodent presence.
- Stephen Pryor, WFA, will discuss plant species that optimize arthropod pest biocontrol.
- Bryan Duarte, Walmart Produce Sourcing, will share their work on pollinators and IPM adoption across their produce supply chains.
- Katie Chiapuzio, Braga Fresh, and Pam Krone will showcase a low-till Healthy Soils Project demonstration planting.
- Gina Colfer, Wilbur Ellis, and Katie Chiapuzio will give a beneficial flower strip demonstration.
- A grower panel will share successes and learning opportunities that have occurred as they incorporated natural enemy regenerative habitat on their farms.
- Dr. Andy Viet Nguyen, CDPR, will discuss the California Department of Pesticide Regulation’s Research and Alliance Grants Programs.
Tickets are $12 each and include lunch.
We have applied for CE credits for this event through California Department of Pesticide Regulation and expect to be able to offer them for attendees.