Track 5: Seeing Land Through the Eyes of Birds
Lesson 10: Prioritizing What Birds Prefer
Presenters: Sam Earnshaw - Hedgerows Unlimited, Brian Fagundes Cal Poly Humboldt/WFA & Jo Ann Baumgartner - WFA
- Describe why landscape influences impact bird presence.
- Describe how native plants provide birds with different levels of general, food and nesting habitat support
- Explain how some native plants offer more climate benefits for birds and the planet than others
- Describe different types of opportunities for farmscaping to support birds
- Share why using multiple plant species is good for birds
More resources coming soon!